How I Long To Meet You


If I could only show her the truth in my heart, I would.
Her life unfolds distant, but parallel to mine.
The road she walks crosses mine at every turn,
Yet we have never met.
I dare not show her the truth in my heart
I can only guide her from afar.

She says to me:

“The heart does deceive us at times,
I am really struggling right now.
I have been really confused,
And I feel like I don't know myself.
I have been examining my life up to this point,
And I am analyzing the choices that I have made.”

My heart shivers for her, yet it must remain
Frozen under a mile high mountain of ice.
Imprisoned never to meet her
As I write her these words of advice:

“I am sorry that you are feeling the way you are.
I wish I had the magic words that could make it all better.
You say that you feel like you don't know yourself,
But in reality no one knows you better than yourself.
Only you can choose the paths you take.
I don’t want to be the one you blame
If things don’t turn out the way you want them to”

If I could only show her the truth in my heart, I would.
As time passes I remain distant.
I recede into the void of my heart
Seeing her only in my dreams.
I cannot be the one she blames
If the road she walks is riddled with betrayal
Of my selfish heart.
How I long to meet you
My dear friend.


David Yanez
12-16-2007




Copyright 2009 David Yanez. All Rights Reserved.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments:

Post a Comment