You...My... Hazel Eyed Girl


Her beauty flows through...
The left atrium of my fourteen-year-old abandoned heart,
And moves gently through the left ventricle of this frozen wasteland.
Pumping long overdue hope into the mind of a lonely brown-eyed man.

Van Morrison playing on the jukebox,
My heart pumping hope,
As she holds my hand to the melody of a brand new friendship,
Singing while her warm hand slowly defrosts my newly tingling heart:

“You... My... Brown Eyed Girl!”

Eager to join in I belt out:

“You... My... Hazel Eyed Girl!”

Received with a heart warming smile
As we belt out some lyrics to Brown Eyed Girl.

“Do You Remember When We Used To Sing
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da.”

Yes, I will always remember!



David Yanez
March 29, 2009




Copyright 2009 David Yanez. All Rights Reserved.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments:

Post a Comment