She was a firefly that fell from the sky


She was a firefly that fell from the sky.
Her eyes were in need her fire it grew dim.
On and off her fire did flicker in nervous attempts to hold on to life.
Get up little firefly your wings are ok
Your beauty is not damaged
Your fire is still there.
It is only your heart that has taken a blow
Poor little firefly your mate he has gone.

Hold my wings and hug my body
This ride is rough but I’ll see you through it.
All you need is a little more fuel,
To glow once again like nature intended
I will be your friend, as you desire
All I want is to replenish your fire.
Take my fuel I need very little
My fire has faded a long time ago.
Take my fuel it will make you stronger,
Take my advice my words of encouragement.
You are an amazing beacon of hope
Take my fuel I need it no longer
Just hold my wing and tell me your stories
I’ll tell you mine, and hope you will see
That your pain isn’t as bad, as others might be.

Days go by weeks become months
She shines like Venus the bright morning star.
Her fire is strong my fuel it did work
She flies like a vision an angel I would say,
The males grow restless they signal they glow
There goes a male and there goes another.
She is the brightest fly of them all
She flickers her light
She loves the attention.
Enjoy it my friend you truly deserve it
Take your time don’t rush don’t get hurt.
Be happy first; be happy with yourself
Love will come, how could it not
I’m so proud of you, so happy, so glad
Your fine now my friend, fly off to your life.

Forget me now I cannot fly any longer
My fire is out my fuel it is gone.
I gave it to you when I fell in love
I fell in love with you my sweetie how could I not.
I needed to love you it gave me the strength
To comfort you to help you through it
But now, this love I sacrifice for you
Fly off my friend I can’t hold you back.
Just know that this firefly will always be here
Looking at the sky and watching you shine.
I will be here for you incase you get damaged
Just give me some time I always recover.
My fuel is in knowing that you are just fine
My fuel is in knowing I did something right
I helped you my friend to get on with your life
My fire will shine that you may find me
Whenever you need me I’ll be here for you.



David Yanez
May 3, 2009




Copyright 2009 David Yanez. All Rights Reserved.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

1 comment: