Dear, Sweet Little Angel


If I could go back in time
Would the bottle still sing me to sleep?
If I could go back in time
Would Marguerite still capture my heart?
Could I save my brother from crack?
If I could go back in time
Would the memory of my only girlfriend
Be enough to draw me back?
Would my illness still exist?
Would my art still sing the blues?
Would my mind still race a thousand miles a minute?
Would I still befriend an angel with razor sharp wings?
Could I teach the angel to fly?
Fly beneath the earth where pain over powers thought.

Take me to a place where pain does not exist.
Let the condors feed upon my body.
Let me see the world with the warm wind beneath my wings.
Take me to the beginning of time
So I may witness your God in action.
So I may witness the struggle to exist in the quantum
And the struggle to organize in the cosmic.

Rip out my brain and squeeze out my heart,
For I am the giver of pain to those who love me,
The maker of art for those who know not,
For I am a destroyer of Gods in a world of Demons.

Oh Sweet little angle timeless and beauty
Watch over my body
Watch over my bones
For my soul is about to sin far greater than before
As it rips out the hearts of their ever loving Gods.

Forgive me my angel
Forgive me my wife
Forgive me my family
And all who no not
But this is your heaven
And this is your Hell
And only one life was given to us.



David Yanez
December of 1994



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Copyright 1994 David Yanez. All Rights Reserved.

Back To Contents Page

No comments:

Post a Comment