You Were My Sacred Sun Goddess


How does someone just throw away a friendship?
Earned through trust and deep humiliation.

You were my sacred Sun Goddess
My best friend, my confidant, my muse,
We would talk all night, hold hands
Until your pain it had subsided.
I did my best to fight it off
But alas this love it took control.
I must insist, I did resist
The urge to let you know,
But it was in my nature
I could not resist
The need to let you know.
I fell in love with you my sweetie, how could I not?

You kept your distance
You didn’t want to know
Can’t he just be my friend?
Why did he have to tell me?
I tried to talk to you about it
I needed time to get over it
I said I was sorry
But you didn’t want to listen.
It’s what friends do they talk to one another
There is always a solution.
It is never too late.

Rumors spread
You lost your head
You took their word over mine
His friendship over me.
The truth is, I took the blame for things I did not say.
I was counting on our friendship meaning more than petty rumors
I thought I earned your respect and deserved your attention
I’m sorry, please forgive me; I’ll make it up to you I begged,
But you didn’t want to hear it.
You were all ready to move on, move on with your life
You were a once broken will of abandonment I nursed back to reality.
I was the fool, the humble lonely fool
That would have said anything just to keep your friendship.
The truth is you were never the friend
That I was to you.
Goodbye my friend
I really did love you
I will truly miss you.

How does someone just throw away a friendship?
Earned through trust and deep humiliation.

David Yanez
8-30-09



Copyright 2009 David Yanez. All Rights Reserved.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments:

Post a Comment